The American Friends Service Committee’s Inclusive Justice Program’s “Peace-Building-Dialogue Training” provides an opportunity to learn and practice the skills needed for engaging in conversation about conflictual topics at home, in interpersonal relationships, at work, in classes, in meetings, andbeyond.
We invite you to attend a training scheduled for Sunday June 12, 2011 from 1:30-5:30 pm at Ann Arbor’s First Presbyterian Church, south side of Washtenaw Avenue east of South University Avenue. Church and street parking available. This basic training will include an overview of the principles and pragmatics of peace-making dialogue, and time for practicing the method set forth in the training overview.
There is a $10.00 suggested donation. The proceeds will go to benefit the Jim Toy Community Center. The donation and pre-registration can be taken care of through:
For further information, contact Jim Toy MSW at firstname.lastname@example.org (734-930-0056 extension 211).
The Jim Toy Community Center is in need of a logo. Submit your designs for a chance to win two tickets to the Spring Dinner featuring Judy Shepard.
Criteria for Judging
- The scalability of the design
- Effectiveness in black & white, as well as color
- Communication of the mission and vision of the organization
- Submit design with a black & white and a color version to: email@example.com
- Do not include signature or identification marks on the design
- Deadline for submission is midnight, March 28, 2011
- Winner will be unveiled at the April 2, 2011 Jim Toy Community Center Spring Dinner featuring Judy Shepard
- Entrants may enter multiple designs
- The winning submission becomes the property of the Jim Toy Community Center, who will retain full rights to use the winning design in any fashion consistent with the mission of the Jim Toy Community Center now and in perpetuity.
- No quotes or other plagiarized elements may be used for any text in the logo.
- No previously copyrighted text or artwork may be used.
- Entries may not include 3rd party stock photography or video elements.
- All entries become the property of the Jim Toy Community Center and will not be returned.
- There will be only one grand prize winner for this contest.
- The grand prize winner is only entitled to the grand prize, and must sign a release waiving any rights to further compensation.
- The board of the Jim Toy Community Center reserves the right to make the final selection of the winning design at its complete discretion, is final and is not subject to review or appeal.
- The grand prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The Jim Toy Community Center will not be held responsible if the grand prize becomes void. The Jim Toy Community Center will make every effort to award the grand prize winner with a replacement prize, but makes no claim that prize will be of equal value to the voided prize. In some cases, the Jim Toy Community Center may not have the ability to award a replacement grand prize.
- By entering, the winning entrant agrees that their name and photograph may be used by the Jim Toy Community Center for promotional purposes without further remuneration.
- The winning entrant will assume all financial obligations for local, state, and federal taxes and all applicable fees.
- This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
The Jim Toy Community Center (JTCC)
is a resource for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (“queer”), and allied residents of Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, and greater Washtenaw County.
We envision an inclusive community where people of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity are visible and live together in equality, respect and happiness.
The Jim Toy Community Center is a resource center that exists to provide information, education, social events, and advocacy by and for the Queer and Ally community in the Washtenaw County area. JTCC welcomes all who support its mission to participate in its activities.